CODE OF ETHICS
As members of the Alabama Apartment Association, we the members recognize our duties and responsibilities as professionals in the apartment industry and its related fields. We hold those duties and responsibilities in the highest regard. We are increasingly aware of our responsibility as both housing providers and suppliers of those that provide housing. As members of the Alabama Apartment Association we recognize our duty to the public. We recognize the importance of the relationship between an AAA member and the residents of the communities upon which we own, work or serve.
As members of this Association we vow to:
- Hold ourselves, our employees and our co-workers to the highest standard of honesty and integrity
- Strive for the highest level of operation in our jobs as we work for the success of our company and our communities
- Strive to abide without exception to all Local, State and Federal laws as they pertain to our industry
- Maintain a high ethical standard of conduct with those in our industry and beyond; including but not limited to: other rental agencies, communities, owners, suppliers, prospects and residents
- Strive to promote education of those within our industry
- Promote and encourage a strong and healthy image for our industry
- Promote the legislative agenda of the industry at a Local, State and Federal level
- Respect the privacy and proprietary information of customers, owners, management companies, and co-workers
- Strive for excellence in the industry by maintaining and enhancing our own knowledge and skills, by encouraging the professional development of colleagues and by fostering the aspirations of potential members of the industry
The principles of this code are expressed in broad statements to guide ethical decision making. This code is to be used as a guideline and cannot possibly dictate responses or actions that should be taken in all situations.